As a community of the people of God, the members of Cross of Peace Lutheran Church are called to welcome ALL people.
There are several ways to get involved here at Cross of Peace.
From signing up for a weekly e-newsletter, to joining a Bible Study to visiting with other members of the congregation at 9:30am between services, our mission is to welcome all with open arms and celebrate God’s love.
We love having kids in worships with us. Noise is expected, so don’t worry about them making a fuss! We have children’s activity bags in the back of the sanctuary for us in worship as well. The nursery is available if kids (or parents) need a break.
On Sunday mornings, children attend Sunday School at 9:45 am between worship services. Preschool and elementary school students start Sunday School in our library for Opening. Then they move to their classrooms. Middle and high school students are in their classroom for the whole Sunday School time.
First Communion classes are held on Sundays during Sunday School in Lent.
Every Sunday at 10:30am, we offer a service for people of all ages and abilities, including those on the autism spectrum and those with sensory sensitivities. Each service takes place in a relaxed environment where people are welcome to be who they are and hear the message of God together with family and friends.
Our sensory friendly worship services feature a shortened worship service and are supported by social scripts and visual cues.
We also have sensory friendly worship bags available, as well as two tables with coloring and other activities. We have a variety of seating options, including yoga balls. Our hope is that all people feel welcome and parents have tools to support their child’s needs, so families can worship together.
- High School ministry at Cross of Peace includes all youth currently in 9th-12th grades
- Sundays: youth education on Sundays at 9:45 am in the youth room
- Special Events: check the calendar for upcoming youth events, like paintball, service opportunities, and overnights!
- Mission Trip: offered every summer for high school students
Download the Youth Ministry Permission Form here >
Review the Cross of Peace Social Media Policy >
Confirmation at Cross of Peace is a three-year ministry for 6 th , 7 th , and 8 th graders with students being confirmed in the Fall of their 9 th grade year. Confirmation is part of our faith journey, individually and as a family. Confirmation follows a three-year themed rotation.
Our current confirmation rotation is:
World Religions & Christian Denominations
Living our Baptismal Promise
Click here for the current Confirmation Calendar
Wednesday Confirmation Classes:
6:00-6:45pm Large Group
6:45-7:30pm Small groups
*Wednesday Night Meals: Suggested donation is $3.00 per person or family donation of $10.00 per meal. Volunteers are always welcome and needed to help weekly with meals & clean-up.
- All grades participate in a day long retreat in the fall with rotating locations
- 9th graders participate in a day long retreat in the fall at Dodge Nature Center in West St. Paul
Cross of Peace supports Green Lake Lutheran Ministries which is the home to three different bible camp sites.
Shores of St. Andrew – New London MN
Green Lake Bible Camp – Spicer MN
Camp House – Brimson MN
- Fellowship: coffee and treats on Sundays at 9:45 am in the multi-purpose room
- Kairos Choir: adult choir on Wednesdays (Sept. to May) at 7:00 pm in the sanctuary
- Special events for Women, Men, Couples, Parents, and Families to help us build deeper community
- Monthly Dinner Clubs
- Monthly Women’s Dessert Club with Bible Study
Opportunities for Community Outreach & Service
- Feed My Starving Children
- Families Moving Forward: hosting families experiencing homelessness in our church with meals, a place to sleep, and fun activities
- Task Forces: projects and ministries in small groups of people who share the same passion
- Mission Trips
Please place your Connection Card in the offering place. Pastor Stephanie would love to reach out to you and answer any questions you have about our community of faith.
To stay connected to upcoming opportunities, sign up for our weekly e-newsletter. If you would like to receive our newsletter with information and inspiration, sign up on the Connection Card. You can unsubscribe at any time.